Re: master updated (5fdf4fc -> 67c3a3a)

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: master updated (5fdf4fc -> 67c3a3a)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 19:05:38 +0000

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:35 PM João Távora <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:35 AM Robert Pluim <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:23:09 +0200, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> said:

    Dmitry> On 27.03.2019 20:04, João Távora wrote:
    >> Two questions:
    >>
    >> 1) can I know exactly which of the two commits caused the
    >> problem in hydra.nixos.org <http://hydra.nixos.org>? (Actually,
    >> I think it was 67c3a3 according to Robert's     separate
    >> message, but in general is it possible on hydra.nixos?)

    Dmitry> https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/pipelines?page=2&scope=all
    Dmitry> says that it was indeed 67c3a3.

Thanks Dmitry. As I understand there are now two CI systems checking
Emacs but only one of them checks every commit (and that is the emba
one).  Does it also provide access to the `x-tests.log` files?

As did my git bisect. gcc 7.3, FWIW. Ancient, I know :-)

Thanks, it is indeed "worth" something, since problems have arisen due
to different GCC versions before. And it's not a question of being ancient
it's a question of that being valuable information.

Anyway, the tests fail with GCC=8.2 as well: they passed on my local test
run for some reason (probably an oversight with stale .elc on my part).
I'm working on a fix: you can give me a couple of days or revert
67c3a3 if it's becoming too much of a nuisance.

I've fixed the problem.  For those interested, this had to do with failing
to detect the "In file included from xxx.c" errors in the gcc output. Any
number of such conditions for the same file should be posted as an error,
but wasn't.

A better fix would discover individual errors, warnings and notes in an
included .h file and post them all to the .c file but I don't have time for that
right now.  In case someone does, it shouldn't be very hard to code.

João