Re: Renaming non-X x_* procedures in xdisp.c (and elsewhere)

From: Alex
Subject: Re: Renaming non-X x_* procedures in xdisp.c (and elsewhere)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 17:27:11 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Alex <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 11:59:08 -0600

>> > Not sure what you mean by "terminal hooks".  They all accept a pointer
>> > to a frame, no?
>>
>> I meant being used through a function pointer in the terminal struct
>> rather than in the redisplay_interface struct.
>
> Are you talking about the arguments these functions receive now?  If
> so, which ones specifically get terminal struct pointers?

Sorry for not being clear -- by "being terminal hooks" I meant being put
in the definition of the terminal struct (in termhooks.h), rather than
the redisplay_interface struct in dispextern.h. That is, being used like
FRAME_TERMINAL (f)->some_hook rather than FRAME_RIF (f)->procedure.

It's not a practical difference -- I'd rather not put the procedures in
a counterintuitive place if there's an alternative.