Re: improve "next locus from <buffer>" messages

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: improve "next locus from <buffer>" messages
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 15:54:41 +0300

> From: Stephen Leake <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 12:53:41 -0800
>
> > Comment: why change long-time default behavior based on personal
> > preferences?
>
> These messages are not in emacs-26, so I don't think they count as
> "long-time".

You are right, sorry.  It's just that the changes which introduced
them were discussed quite some time ago.

But the main issue still stands: why change something based on
personal preferences?  This function is called from many other places:
xref, multi-occur, even some Dired commands (AFAIR), and it can be
called intermittently in different contexts.  I think displaying the
context in these situations is generally a good idea.