Re: Documenting FSF copyright assignment process

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Documenting FSF copyright assignment process
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 11:03:55 -0700

On 4/11/19 6:51 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I've included
> that information near the beginning of CONTRIBUTE, which is about the
> first document potential contributors should read before sending
> patches.

This sounds like a good approach. Although contributing to Emacs is not
that simple, we should strive to ease people into it rather than give
them all the rules in one big (and forbidding) gulp.

As for the request to put the forms online: I think the idea is that we
want human interaction there, so that we can help the contributor by
selecting the form appropriate for their contribution. It's not like
we're so swamped by potential contributors that we can't handle the load
of giving them this little help. That being said, if you want an online
copy of the forms you can get it here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/