Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:42:40 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> I remember certain people on this mailing list complaining about
> duplicates in the bug tracker (and users failing to do the
> search). Well, get a bug tracker with a user friendlier interface
> (visibility, searchability, etc), and the users will do more work for
> you.

I have no opinion on migrating to Gitlab, but I’d like to note that
there are other web interfaces for Debbugs, such as Mumi:

    https://git.elephly.net/gitweb.cgi?p=software/mumi.git

It’s used by Guix, but it really works for all of the GNU Debbugs
instance:

    https://issues.guix.info/

Here’s an Emacs bug, for example:

    https://issues.guix.info/issue/32189

It’s got many bugs and is kinda slow because it really just talks to to
the Debbugs SOAP interface without any smart caching, but it
demonstrates syntax / patch highlighting, colours, and things like that.

I’m not happy with the search and will eventually switch to indexing
messages locally instead of using the Debbugs search.  It might be
easier to fix annoyances and obstacles in Debbugs than to plan a big
migration to Gitlab, dunno.

--
Ricardo