Re: master 26f9a77: * etc/package-keyring.gpg: Add the 2019 key

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: master 26f9a77: * etc/package-keyring.gpg: Add the 2019 key
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 09:33:14 +0200

    Stefan> OK, thanks, I think I should be able to reproduce both the
    Stefan> above problems.
    >> I can test whatever you come up with.

    Stefan> There's a gnu-elpa-keyring-update version 2019.3 which
    Stefan> should appear within 12 hours or so which you can try.  It
    Stefan> should fix those two problems (the encrypted .gpg keyring
    Stefan> and the repeated updates).

Thereʼs a .2 which I just installed, which fixes the first issue, but
not the second:

$ Importing gnu-elpa.gpg-keyring...
Importing gnu-elpa.gpg-keyring...done
Error loading autoloads: (void-variable hd)

I guess you meant to say

      (write-region "" nil (expand-file-name "gnu-elpa.timestamp" gnupghome-dir)

in gnu-elpa-keyring-update.el. If I make that change, it installs the
key once, and then doesnʼt bother me again.

Whilst looking into this, I deleted the gnu-elpa-keyring-update
package, and tried to re-install it, which failed with:

package-install-from-archive:
https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/gnu-elpa-keyring-update-2019.2.tar: Not
modified

I had to delete the url cache under .elpa.d/url/cache to get it
installed. Would you like a bug report about that?

Robert