Re: [OFFTOPIC] size of issue tracker

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] size of issue tracker
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 10:43:02 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the bottleneck here is the current GitLab API.  If I find some
> time, I can re-run the procedure with an even bigger GitHub project.
> I've read GitHub has a more efficient GraphQL API for this stuff, and
> AFAIK, GitLab is or will implement something similar, so this slowness
> might be resolved in the mid-term future.

Yeah, the GitLab API doesn't have a great reputation regarding
speed. Although you are probably testing on GitLab.com. That instance of
GitLab has a tremendious database of issues. If we would do similar
tests on EMBA, I hope we'd get better results. But we only know for sure
if we do a real test. I'll try to set up such test later this week.

--
Toon