Re: Native image rotation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Native image rotation
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 20:24:14 +0200

Alan Third <address@hidden> writes:

> I’ve decided it is a waste of time and have removed it. I’ve also
> reverted the order of operations to match ImageMagick as the use cases
> I’d imagined requiring a different order aren’t so useful with 90
> degree rotations.

Sounds great -- this means that non-Imagemagick Emacs has almost feature
parity with Imagemagick Emacs (for the image formats that Emacs
supports, that is).  The only significant thing that's missing is using
exif data to get rotation correct, I think?

I previously looked at writing an exif parser in Emacs Lisp, and it
looks easy enough, and if we had that, we could also edit the exif data,
which is pretty useful.