Re: Filling the docstring generated by define-minor-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Filling the docstring generated by define-minor-mode
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 13:37:00 -0400

> Minor mode's names are often long and the result is quite ugly. An
> easy fix is simply filling the docstring afterwards:

FWIW, I've usually fixed those problems by rewriting the string
so as to make sure the %s is on a "short line".  E.g.

    (defconst easy-mmode--arg-docstring
      "

    If called interactively, toggle %s.
    If a prefix ARG is provided, enable the mode if ARG is positive,
    and disable it if ARG is zero or negative.  If called from Lisp,
    also enable the mode if ARG is omitted or nil, and toggle it
    if ARG is `toggle'; disable the mode otherwise.")

-- Stefan