Re: Towards a cleaner build: calc.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: calc.el
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 19:03:22 +0200

Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 at 12:11, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> [larsi@stories ~/src/emacs/trunk/lisp]$ rm calc/calc-macs.elc calc/calc.elc;
>> make
>
>>   ELC      calc/calc.elc
>>
>> In end of data:
>> calc/calc.el:3928:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
>>     defined: math-zerop, math-compare
>>   ELC      calc/calc-macs.elc
>> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp'
>>
>> And I'm still only seeing this on one machine and not the other...  Is
>> anybody else seeing this?
>
> Happens here too.

Most puzzling.  Both calc and calc-macs have declare-function on
math-zerop, but if calc.el pulls in the uncompiled version of Math-zerop
(which then calls math-zerop), then we're getting the warning anyway...
It calc-macs is compiled, this doesn't happen.

We can fix this warning by moving some of these substs around, but it
seems like a bug in the byte-compiler?