Re: Prickliness of the "invalid byte code" stuff

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Prickliness of the "invalid byte code" stuff
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 07:15:00 -0700

Hi Stefan

Did a quick test, emacspeak startup feels just as fast with or without
byte-compile-dynamic -- will continue running the rebuilt session for a
few hours to see if  autoloaded functions feel slow.

I remember 2 things impacted when I originally did the switch -- likely
10 or 15 years ago:

1. Startup got faster
2. If installed on a slower filesystem, then calling autoloaded
functions  from large modules felt slow.

Laptop has a solid-state   drive, guess I'll need to compare it on both
desktop and laptop