Re: master b9ac4f8.. (Fix locating pdump by symlink) breaks with stow

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master b9ac4f8.. (Fix locating pdump by symlink) breaks with stow
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 21:44:13 +0300

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 19:26:06 +0100
>
> Perhaps using a unicode command line would help, but I assume that
> would require pervasive changes.

Starting with the fact that 'main' can only receive argv[] encoded in
system codepage.

In any case, the tricky part in this case is not that we receive the
leading directories ANSI-encoded -- this is a known limitation of
Emacs on Windows, regardless of symlinks and pdumper look up -- the
tricky part is the resolution of symlinks in argv[0].  We have already
code for that, see chase_symlinks, but it wants to receive file names
in UTF-8.  So some recoding of file names is in order, and then
testing.