Re: nadvice compatibility in package list

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: nadvice compatibility in package list
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 12:39:41 -0400

> Stefan, your patch gives the right assoc lookups, but does not show the
> builtin nadvice package in the output from `list-packages'.

Hmm... it does for me: `src/emacs -Q` followed by `M-x list-packages`
followed by `C-s nadvice C-s C-s` puts me on the line:

    nadvice            1.0           built-in   Light-weight advice primitives
for Elisp functions

> To test each patch I deleted lisp/finder-inf.el before rebuilding.
> Let me know if this is insufficient for a correct rebuild.

Hmm... maybe finder-inf.el was rebuilt before finder.el was recompiled
and it used a stale finder.elc?
Could you double check?

        Stefan