Re: Decoded time accessors

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Decoded time accessors
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:52:34 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
I hate reading code that says (elt decoded 5) and then
have to look up the doc string and then count to be able to tell what
it's doing

I dislike that too. Luckily, it doesn't happen too often for me. I try to avoid it by using format-time-string instead of decode-time.

What do Common Lisp hackers do? Common Lisp has a similar function decode-universal-time, so they must have a similar problem.

Where in the source code would you put the accessors?