Re: [Emacs-diffs] master fd54102: * lisp/files.el (file-size-function):

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master fd54102: * lisp/files.el (file-size-function): New defcustom
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 20:56:16 +0300

> From: Oleh Krehel <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 19:50:21 +0200
> Cc: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <address@hidden>, emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> > > While I agree in general, in this case the user-visible change was
> > > done around a year ago, and I noticed only now when I switched to
> > > using Emacs27. The change from a year ago was displaying the amount of
> > > free space in kilobytes, which is almost unusable.
> >
> > Which change was that?
>
> The change which obsoleted `directory-free-space-args'. I was using
> the setting "-Pmh" to give me a reasonable output. But after the
> variable became obsolete, no replacement was added to allow for the
> same nice output of free space in gigabytes.

Having a change to fix some past changes means there's more reasons
for discussion, not less.  Because someone already made a decision,
and they might have their reasons.  Discarding those reasons without a
discussion might have adverse effects on some use cases.

So please in the future do post such changes and ask for comments.
TIA