Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 09:25:45 +0200

> And I think we need to consider the case of the region using one of
> the attributes that are not in the list.

I now think it would make more sense to add an 'extend-to-window-edge'
attribute in the face definition itself.  Also, when looking at what
applications like Thunderbird or Firefox do, I nowhere see their
"region faces" extend to the right edges of their "windows" in "normal
text".  Admittedly, these two applications do not highlight an empty
space at the left edge of a window either and I'm fully aware of the
fact that I'm comparing apples and oranges here.  Still I think that
our users should be given the possibility to customize their regions
in a similar way as they do.

martin