[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Changes in GC and in pure space (was: [Emacs-diffs] master 5d4dd55:
Re: Changes in GC and in pure space (was: [Emacs-diffs] master 5d4dd55: Fix lifetime error in previous patch)
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 02:34:06 -0700
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.8.0
Pip Cet wrote:
Here are things I would consider urgent enough to warrant looking at
for Emacs 27:
- remove code like we have in `Ffset' to detect GC bugs that
presumably have been fixed by now
Are you talking about just the code introduced in commit
(01ae0fbf30b74e2490144fceabbf5bc5d96f1ba7), or is some other code involved? I'll
CC this to dancol to see if he has thoughts.
- make_fixnum called for numbers outside the fixnum range
I installed a patch to master just now to do that.
- various places that should detect circular lists but don't (lread.c
reading hash tables, for example)
Can you give an example of that problem?
- doubly-evaluated macro arguments (the one I can think of offhand is
DUMP_SET_REFERRER, which is harmless, but others might not be)
Do you mean evaluated as in macro expansion, or evaluated as in execution at
runtime? If the latter, I don't get the problem there. Many other macros assume
that arguments are side effect free, and some of these cannot be turned into
inline functions easily.
- since we appear to be stuck with lazy rehashing for now, the various
bugs this causes (I mentioned Fclrhash above)
Sorry, what's the Fclrhash bug?
- Re: Changes in GC and in pure space (was: [Emacs-diffs] master 5d4dd55: Fix lifetime error in previous patch),
Paul Eggert <=