Re: bug#37025: 27.0.50; smime signing and encryption does not work any l

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: bug#37025: 27.0.50; smime signing and encryption does not work any longer
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 14:29:48 +0200

   > Indeed.  And there's no need to split that discussion into 2 mailing
   > lists.  Those who are relevant to making the decision about the fix
   > read the bug list anyway.
Ok.

   > Two comments (1) please wait for at least a few days before deciding
   > that the matter stalled and needs to be expedited, let alone in
   > another list; and (2) I personally didn't get the impression that the
   > proposed fix is final and/or agreed upon, due to the issue with the
   > version of gpg.

There was a second patch which checked the pgp version. However it is
not clear to me what was agreed on. So what is the general polics in
such a case. A change was introduced, which presented a bug for some use
case, a fix was not agreed or applied.

So shouldn't that commit not be removed, at least temporally, till a fix
is agreed upon?