RE: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-char

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-char
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 20:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

> I've left the code as-is; the current patch is attached here.
> Do we have consensus to install it?

Well, I don't agree, FWIW.  You seem to have ignored
my message & patch (Aug 20).  Did you read or try it?
(You were cc'd: "RE: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-match".)

Commands like `isearch-yank-until-char', which yank
consecutive buffer text at the search point, are better
if they can also work with backward search.  My patch
implements that for this command and others.

And I argued that `C-M-c' would be better used in
Isearch for my command `isearch-yank-through-move',
which initiates a recursive edit to allow arbitrary
cursor movement.  In that case, `C-M-c' both starts
and ends such movement (since globally it is
`exit-recursive-edit').

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-08/msg00400.html