Re: Tabs

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 10:12:41 +0200

> Finally

... some ten years after you started ...

> now a complete implementation is available for these
> etc/TODO tasks:

To make your branch build on Windows you need to install the attached
patch at least (blindly copied from its X counterparts).  Therafter,
Emacs builds and comes up normally.

After clicking on the Show/Hide Tab Bar menu entry, I see

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  toggle-tab-bar-mode-from-frame(toggle)
  funcall-interactively(toggle-tab-bar-mode-from-frame toggle)
  call-interactively(toggle-tab-bar-mode-from-frame nil nil)
  command-execute(toggle-tab-bar-mode-from-frame)

When clicking on a tab in a tab lines entry I get

<nil> <down-mouse-1> is undefined
<nil> <mouse-1> is undefined

I didn't look into the details of how these are implemented.

Please also provide a simple recipe for testing your branch.

Thanks for all the work, martin