Re: [Javascript] code for contextual behavior of < key

From: Jorge Javier Araya Navarro
Subject: Re: [Javascript] code for contextual behavior of < key
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:41:32 -0600

Sorry, let me re-format my message:

Hello!

As an ex-user of rjsx-mode a current user of js-mode on Emacs 27.x I missed the
contextual
behavior of the < key where it would insert an empty tag (</>) when attempting
to write JSX code and
inserting a plain < character when you don't. The code was originally written
by Felipe
(@felipeochoa on Github) and what I did was essentially a copy and paste with
added test cases:

repository: https://gitlab.com/shackra/colibri

This thing still misses another function for expanding a balanced tag when the
user deletes the /
character of a self-closing tag, I don't think that code is trivial and maybe I
wouldn't be able to
extract it from rjsx-mode as with the extracted code.

I was wondering:

- doing this copy and pasting in regards to js-jsx-electric-lt is somewhat a
violation of Felipe copyright?
- is this extraction missing something?
- If the author of rjsx-mode is here, would you donate parts of your code to
js.el so people can have a better experience when dealing with JSX?

Whatever comes out of this experiment would be a contribution into Emacs and
js.el itself