Re: Building master fails on Windows 10 when testing etc/NEWS file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building master fails on Windows 10 when testing etc/NEWS file
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 18:45:29 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 17:01:19 +0200
> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
>  Paul Eggert <address@hidden>, Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
> > "emacs -Q" starts OK. Doing [M-x load-library RET package RET] fails with
> > "Opening stdio stream: No such
> file or directory, package".
>
>  I've bootstrapped Emacs and I don't see that problem.
>
> emacs -Q
> M-x load-library <RET> package <RET>
>
> works as expected.

Richard said "installs", so maybe this problem only happens in an
installed Emacs?  Richard, do you see the same problem if you run
Emacs from its build tree?  To simulate an uninstalled Emacs, you
might need to rename the versioned subdirectory under the share/emacs/
directory where you install Emacs.