Re: master 893111f 2/2: Hide passwords in .authinfo and .netrc files

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: master 893111f 2/2: Hide passwords in .authinfo and .netrc files
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 22:06:49 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Yes, makes sense.  Should that just be a list of tokens, or a regexp?
> If a regexp, I guess the function would have to be somewhat more
> rewritten to keep the bit that matches the secret bit in the right
> regexp grouping...

Cool.  I think having a regexp would be great in terms of flexibility,
but maybe not if it causes too much added complexity?  Having a list
would probably be simpler to implement and/or use.  But of course, if we
do go with a regexp, the user could always use C-h f regexp-opt RET to
automatically generate a regexp from a list of strings, rather than
hand-write it.  I guess my vote would be a regexp, if it doesn’t make
authinfo--hide-passwords overly complicated.

Thanks for working on this, Lars.