Hiding a LaTeX \section

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Hiding a LaTeX \section
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:59:51 +0200

Hi all,

there was a request as shown below, which could be done from hideshow.el, given some changes:

Instead of hard-coded hs-show-block need a hs-show-base function, where 'block is only an option.
In the way thing-at-point does it.

I.e. need the possibility to attach a function-argument jumping to beginning and end of a form.
Just a regexp isn't sufficient.

Thanks,

Andreas

I would like to be able to place my cursor at a LaTeX \section or \subsection line then hit Tab and have the section collapse like its equivalent would do in org-mode. In short, I want org-mode section navigation/manipulation support for LaTeX. The Spacemacs latex layer (which installs Auctex by default) has no support for this, not even if I enable hs-minor-mode or outline-minor-mode.