Re: Compilation failure on macOS 10.15 Catalina

From: mituharu
Subject: Re: Compilation failure on macOS 10.15 Catalina
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 05:29:58 +0900

> I think that Apple has changed the way the Xcode command line tools
> arrange headers on the system e.g. they are no longer put into
> /usr/include but exist in
>
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/
>
> Because of this Emacs cannot find libxml/tree.h during the compilation
> process.

The current configure script is supposed to handle this situation.
I suspect you have bogus libxml-2.0.pc referring to /usr/include.
What is the output of the following commands?

  $ pkg-config --cflags --libs "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"
  $ pkg-config --variable pcfiledir "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"

See also https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32927

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden