Re: Imenu and structured documents

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Imenu and structured documents
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 14:25:52 -0400

> Do you use imenu with latex-mode?

No, I use reftex instead of imenu (handles the multi-file case better).

> From the description of your use case
> I think you do not use it with org-mode.

No, indeed.

> Is prefixing sublevels with an indicator that represent the hierarchy
> as done in latex-mode something desirable?

For my use case, it's not desirable, no.  But I use a custom-made
completion table, with which I use substring completion, so they don't
really hurt either.

> I may imagine that it can be annoying is the goal is completion in
> the minibuffer.

I haven't tried the normal completion table lately, but if we want to
use this ". . " kind of prefixing, we should make sure substring
completion works for it.

        Stefan