Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 15:31:38 +0300

On 03.10.2019 14:15, Felician Nemeth wrote:

I have an extension to eglot (the language server protocol client in GNU
ELPA) that relies on this feature

Could you tell us what that extension is/does?

It implements the "files extension to LSP".  It basically allows the
client and the server to have separate file systems.  For example, the
server can run inside a Docker container, or the source code can be on a
remote system accessed by Tramp.

The specification is here:
https://github.com/sourcegraph/language-server-protocol/blob/master/extension-files.md

And my unfinished implementation is here:
https://github.com/nemethf/eglot/blob/xfiles-v2/eglot-x.el

Interesting, thank you. Does it use a particular backend, or the default one as well (VC project)?