Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 20:36:23 +0300

> From: Yuan Fu <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 00:24:26 -0400
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden
>
> * If I found a problem in existing code that is unrelated to my new
>   feature but is quite trivial to fix (2~3 lines), should I create a
>   new branch and send it as an separate patch to bug tracker, or
>   include it in my new feature?

It should be a separate patch, yes.  Whether to make a separate branch
for it is entirely up to you.

> * IIUC, I send the patch to the bug tracker and people will review it,
>   is that correct?

Yes.  use "M-x report-emacs-bug RET" for that.

> * If the patch is a fix, should I first create a bug report and reply
>   to that report?

You can include the patch in the original message you send with
report-emacs-bug, and that will create a bug for you.

> I'm still not quite sure how everything works, hope I'm not too
> garrulous.

No sweat.  CONTRIBUTE should have some answers for your questions.

> Attached is the patch for the bug fix. Changes are:

I will review it soon if no one beats me to it.

Thanks.