Re: 27.0.50: How can I test a buffer-local window-configuration-change-h

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 27.0.50: How can I test a buffer-local window-configuration-change-hook in batch mode?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 18:07:42 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 16:45:20 +0200
>
> What Xen gives us is repeatability, and without that, automatic testing
> becomes dicey.  There are so many variables (screen size, fonts
> installed, etc) that doing testing on these things automatically without
> a controlled environment is somewhat futile.

Not IME.  For most display tests I can think of, small variations in
the dimensions don't matter, and where they do, we can always arrange
for exact matches.  Look at the large fraction of display problems
that we usually succeed in reproducing on a completely different
system.

I guess we have very different experiences regarding this, or maybe we
think about very different aspects to test.