Re: git show

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: git show
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:57:43 -0400

> It's not very convenient -- if the commit is old, I have to hit either
> "Show 2X entries" or "Show unlimited entries", which are slow.

It's worse: if the commit is not in the current branch it won't be
listed at all, and `C-x v L` doesn't let you show the log corresponding
to another branch.

If `C-x v l` accepted a C-u to specify the "revision" for which to show
the log, then it would solve both problems: you could get the log
of other branches and you could see the commit message and the diff of
a specific REVision with:

    C-u C-x v l <REV> RET
    followed by hitting `D` on the first element to see the diff

-- Stefan