Re: Why fido, icycles, ido, icomplete

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Why fido, icycles, ido, icomplete
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 10:39:44 +0000

Ergus <address@hidden> writes:

>>movie theater where there are only classics playing.  Lots of grainy
>>footage but all movies are superb.
> Yes, but nobody feels impressed by the special effects in the first Star
> Wars today, in spite of they were amazing in their moment and required
> much more effort than newer movies.

I'm glad I made the analogy, then.  I am more interested in cinema than
special effects.  Metaphoricaly, of course.  (but also literally).

>>And I found icomplete.el, which is already in Emacs.
> ivy is also based on icomplete actually.

Oh.  What do you mean "based".  Does it share some of the implementation
(i.e. does it 'require' icomplete as a library).  Or is it more of "a
derived work"?

>>You are miscommunicating: the "gap" is whatever doesn't quite work in
>>icomplete-mode to make it work just like ido-mode.  It's the behaviour
>>of RET, C-k, C-d and some other things.
> Could you add at least the cycle with arrows as in ido?

Of course, and so can you.  Have you got a FSF copyright assignment?

João