Re: evaluating numbers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: evaluating numbers
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 17:11:14 +0100

Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, thatʼs a totally bogus reason, since this all ends up in the
> echo area, and itʼs not done for the other representations. Removed.

I thought it made sense -- you could skip to the *Messages* buffer and
kill any of the four representations and then M-: (insert C-y ) RET and
insert the character in the buffer.

If the ?\N{...} isn't there, you can't do that with the fourth
representation.

And it's also nice as a discoverability thing, since I'd guess most
people don't know about that representation.