Re: Could we include diff and grep (etc.) executables on Windows?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Could we include diff and grep (etc.) executables on Windows?
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 18:07:53 +0200

> From: Mathias Dahl <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 12:50:19 +0100
>
> I see that we bundle some exe files in the bin directory of Emacs (bunzip2,
> bzcat, etc.), could we include
> some of the other core utilities as well?

It all depends on the good will and free resources of the people who
prepare these binary packages.  (The executables you see are there
because Emacs is linked against the respective libraries, and so all
the contents of the respective binary package is present.)  Adding
more packages means more work for those volunteers.