Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:25:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> IMO this is not satisfactory. The message says "do this", but there
>> is no clue about how to do "this".
>
> Maybe we should mention admin/notes/bugtracker (which does describe
> this) in CONTRIBUTE.
>
>> Please kill Debbugs.
>
> Please be serious.

I'm being absolutely serious. You are proposing to put a reference to a
650 line text file on a 400 line text file for solving something that is
self-evident on every other bug tracker.

Debbugs is the only user-facing bug tracker I know that requires
studying its magic incantations to complete tasks which are trivial on
any other system. Not to mention that, after all that studying, it still
won't provide basic features which exist and are trivial to use
elsewhere.

Debbugs is a non-starter for any project that expects interaction with
its user base.