Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:00:50 -0500

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:
> That's not to say debbugs is perfect.  But for me, it beats bugzilla and
> other Web browser based trackers handsomely.

Indeed, so far I've seen only bugtrackers that suck.  Either they suck
because the only good UI is web-based (and I hate having to go through
that), or they suck because they have no good web based UI (so it's only
good for those users who use it often enough to know it).

[ For good measure, I implemented my own bugtracker-that-sucks
  (https://gitlab.com/monnier/bugit).  ]

I've heard rumors that maybe SourceHut's bug tracker may satisfy both
sides, but I haven't really tried it (and when I looked at installing it
it seemed to require too much effort on my part) so I don't yet have an
opinion on it.

        Stefan