Re: master 3fdc36e: Error out on --with-harfbuzz without HarfBuzz suppor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 3fdc36e: Error out on --with-harfbuzz without HarfBuzz support
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:51:31 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> That gives a spurious error when configuring with --without-x.

I've now removed the check.  I assumed that the with_harfbuzz variable
was only set to "yes" if the user had explicitly said "--with-harfbuzz",
but that is not true -- that's the default value of the variable?
Because:

OPTION_DEFAULT_ON([harfbuzz],[don't use HarfBuzz for text shaping])

Is there a way to check whether a user has explicitly said --with-foo?

> Also, test a == b is a bashism.  The string compare operator is =.

Ah, thanks.