Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 01:08:36 -0500

  > That's not to say debbugs is perfect.  But for me, it beats bugzilla and
  > other Web browser based trackers handsomely.

I agree completely.  Email control of a bug tracker is the best way
for most use.

In an ideal world, our bug tracker could have good support for various
kinds of interface.  It would be good to add support for other kinds
-- but not compromise support for email.

Most contributors to Emacs do not need to use the bug tracker anyway.
WHen you need to deal with bug reports often is when you start helping
to fix problems in general rather than work on your own libraries and
add a few features.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)