Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:23:16 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

>> I don't like this approach, honestly. We would have a feature
>> regression, compared with debbugs. I thought, we are working on
>> improvements.
>
> Not on improvements to Debbugs, though.

Not in general. But as long as we haven't switched, I won't stop to add
features to debbugs{,-gnu}.el.

That doesn't mean I believe it is the best tool to be used. And I don't
object to switch somewhere else. But debbugs is what's working now, and
it will still take time before we switch. If ever.

Best regards, Michael.