Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:38:34 -0500

  > The larger audience I meant here are the existing users of Emacs. A lot
  > of which avoid reporting bugs to Debbugs. And I know that because I
  > maintain some third-party packages with different issue trackers.

Maybe some of the people who report bugs for other packages might
avoid reporting bugs for Emacs.  If so, could you ask them why they
avoid it?

The recommended way to report one does not involve using Debbugs directly.
It is M-x report-emacs-bug.

Do they not know about report-emacs-bug?
Is there some practical obstacle for using that?
Do they have some other kind of reason?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)