Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:14:57 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:23:24 +0200
>
> On 22.11.2019 9:07, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > No, the canonical repository will stay on savannah.gnu.org.  Only the
> > repository for PRs will be on savannah.nongnu.
>
> That... probably won't help much, then. There's no capability for
> creating cross-deployment PRs, that's for sure.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.  AFAIK, Git has no
problems with adding as many remotes as one likes.  The cross-server
issue will only be relevant when an authorized developer wants to
actually merge the PR, it shouldn't be an issue for (or even visible
to) the author of the PR.  Or what am I missing?