Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 01:44:14 -0500

  > 1. There's an option that lets you choose which
  >    fields to include by default, when reporting
  >    a bug: `ebp-report-emacs-bug-included-fields'.

This would be extra complication, the opposite of what we want in general.

The specific problem here is that report-emacs-bug includes data that
might be sensitive.  It would be good to remind people that they don't
have to send that data, and help them avoid it if/when they want to.
But let's do that in the simplest possible way.

I think the simplest possible way is to identify the data that might
be sensitive, and help users exclude all that data.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)