Re: Criticism of jit-lock--antiblink-post-command

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Criticism of jit-lock--antiblink-post-command
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 09:30:59 +0000

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 5:54 AM Phil Sainty <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2019-11-27 10:09, João Távora wrote:
> > Regarding the markers, I'll have a look. But it seems
> > premature optimization.
>
> AFAIK that one is standard best practice for working with
> markers,

I understand that, and I think I've seen cases where it
matters.  Just this one doesn't seem to (for now, at
least). But it's very easy to fix and doesn't introduce
particular complexity in this case, so consider it done.

> even if you're not expecting it to make a noticeable
> difference.

Hmm, I do expect best practices to make noticeable
differences, at least for some value of "noticeable".
Otherwise, it becomes cargo-culting, don't you
think?

João