Re: Emacs shell: set TERM to ansi instead of dumb

From: rrandresf
Subject: Re: Emacs shell: set TERM to ansi instead of dumb
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 01:48:08 +0000

Hi Juri.

Juri> Thanks for suggestion.  I tried to use "TERM=ansi" together with
Juri> customizing 'comint-terminfo-terminal' to "ansi", and it works
Juri> fine everywhere, except compilation mode.  In compilation
Juri> buffers it inserts unhandled escape sequences that break
Juri> fontification.  Had to disable ansi in compilation by
Juri> customizing 'compilation-environment' to '("TERM=dumb")'.

I am still seeing the "unhandled escape sequences" on "*compilation*"
buffer see:
-*- mode: compilation; default-directory:
"/ssh:aramirez@x220c:/home/aramirez/dev/wxwidgets/mamacha/src/tests/build/" -*-
Compilation started at Wed Dec  4 01:34:34

cd build && make -k -j4   && cd -
[35m[1mScanning dependencies of target invcross_tests[0m
make: Target 'default_target' not remade because of errors.
Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Wed Dec  4 01:34:36

BTW, above is compilation by tramp.

Those were my customizations:
(progn (setq comint-terminfo-terminal "ansi") (add-to-list
'compilation-environment "TERM=dumb"))

Is there something else. I should customize?

BR
ps: probably the escape sequences are going to be replaced when sending
email. In that case https://termbin.com/41th