Re: Sv: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Sv: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 08:41:07 -0500

>> As for using it in Elisp: I don't think there's anything stopping anyone
>> from making such a `literate-elisp-mode` and even arrange for `load` to
>> handle such a file (just like there is already a package that lets
>> `load` work directly on .org files).
> I was able to make readevalloop do what I want. It was rather trivial to

Note that in my comment above I meant it in existing Emacsen,
i.e. without any modification to the C code.
The idea is to make use of existing hooks such as
`load-source-file-function` or `file-name-handler-alist`.

I'm not sure what hook could be used to do the same with
byte-compilation, but in the worst case, an advice should do the trick.

        Stefan