Re: Daemon/Client, Multiple Terminals, and `tty-erase-char'

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Daemon/Client, Multiple Terminals, and `tty-erase-char'
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:36:23 +0100

On 12/16/19 5:02 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Dez 16 2019, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

tty-erase-char is a global variable, so it is not per terminal.

But I don't think I understand what you mean by "frame refers to a different
value" in this context.  What do you think Emacs does with the value of this
variable, that you need to be specific to a frame?

Currently, tty-erase-char is set to the ERASE character of the last
opened terminal.  Since normal-erase-is-backspace-setup-frame is
normally only called once when the frame is created, this happens to
work out right.

Andreas.

Cool! That's the part I didn't get from the C code. Thanks for confirming! It's worth documenting I guess though.