Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 14:23:09 -0500

Paul writes:
> Here is a proposed patch that unifies the two print-backtrace-and-quit
> cases (batch mode and the failsafe). The patch is large mostly because
> of required reindenting, in fact only 15-20 lines are changed.

Looks good to me, thank you for doing it.
Eli, do you think this can go into `emacs-27`?

> I tested that it works as expected in batch mode, but don't know how to
> test the failsafe, I never did this.

Create a dummy ~/.emacs.d/early-init.el where you set `debug-on-error`
and then signal an error.

> Please test yourself.

Seems to work fine in my test, thank you.

> I don't have access to Emacs repository, so I cannot apply it myself.

[ Anything we can do to help with that?  ]

> I can only write emails and hope that someone applies the patches or
> otherwise does something about the problem.

I'll be happy to install as soon as Eli tells me where.

        Stefan