Re: Avoiding the cover page - emacs 28

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Avoiding the cover page - emacs 28
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:43:49 +0100

    Harry> I'd like to avoid the cover page emacs displays when I open it.
    Harry> even with an argument like `~/' or `.' emacs opens with 2 screens,
the
    Harry> bottom one showing the Coverpage and the top showing the opened
    Harry> argument.

    Harry> I have this in  site-start.el

    Harry> (tool-bar-mode -1)
    Harry> (tooltip-mode -1)
    Harry> (menu-bar-mode -1)

    Harry> There must be something more needed.

    inhibit-startup-screen is a variable defined in `startup.el'.
    Its value is t
    Original value was nil

      This variable has the following aliases: `inhibit-splash-screen',
        `inhibit-startup-message'.
      You can customize this variable.
      Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 23.1.

    Documentation:
    Non-nil inhibits the startup screen.

    This is for use in your personal init file (but NOT site-start.el),
    once you are familiar with the contents of the startup screen.

Robert