Re: Question about composite.c

From: Gerry Agbobada
Subject: Re: Question about composite.c
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 09:55:25 +0100

> Can you show examples of those, if not their exhaustive list?

Between iosevka, Fira Code and Cascadia Code, ligatures that may
happen starting with * are :
- *
- **
- ***
- */
- *>
- *)

iosevka :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/be5invis/Iosevka/master/images/ligations.png
FiraCode :
https://github.com/tonsky/FiraCode/blob/master/showcases/all_ligatures.png
Cascadia :
https://github.com/microsoft/cascadia-code/wiki/Coding-ligature-coverage

> I don't see why it would be easier to access/modify a separate table.

Fair enough, I'll probably remove the indeirection once I find out
my elisp issue

> If you post a complete reproduction recipe, starting from "emacs -Q",
> perhaps I will be able to help you understand what is the immediate
> cause of the problem.
> [...]
> I think the important part is to understand why Emacs is trying to
> compose an empty string.

I'm trying to do this to understand better yes. In my "bloated" emacs
setup, I still have the "trying to compose an empty string" issue without
prettify-symbols-mode, so I'll just continue playing with my short .el file
until I can find a way to properly reproduce.

Gerry