Re: master d8da850: Document cairo-related fallout to font-backend setti

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: master d8da850: Document cairo-related fallout to font-backend settings
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 17:11:30 +0100

    >> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
    >> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
    >> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 08:22:29 +0100
    >>
    >> Would you be ok with configure warning about Xft and about Cairo
    >> without HarfBuzz?

    Eli> Can you show the proposed text of the warning?

if test "$with_xft" = yes; then
AC_MSG_WARN([This configuration uses libXft,
which has a number of font rendering issues, and is being considered for
removal in the next release of Emacs.  Please consider using Cairo + HarfBuzz
instead (they are auto-detected if the relevant development headers are
installed).])
fi

if test "${HAVE_CAIRO}" = "yes" && test "${HAVE_HARFBUZZ}" = no; then
   AC_MSG_WARN([We recommend the use of HarfBuzz when using Cairo,
   please install HarfBuzz development packages])
fi