Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 09:43:28 +0100

> In gdb-mi.el, there is only one function that used
> gbd-display-source-buffer — gdb-goto-breakpoint.

Here with gdb-mi.el on Debian (and without your patch) I seem to note
one difference compared with my earlier setup on Windows: When hitting a
breakpoint, window point does _not_ move to the corresponding line in
the source file.  It moves there only after typing, for example, "n".
It would be nice to fix this but I cannot even guarantee that I can
reproduce the behavior here always and that the Windows setup worked
differently.

> I still haven’t had a clear idea on “how to open the new window”
> part. In the previous patch I simply used display-window-pop-window so
> the code works, but we should definitely come up with something
> else. Currently my naive idea is to use (display-buffer buffer
> gdb-display-source-buffer-action), where
> gdb-display-source-buffer-action can be customized by user. WDYT?

I think that could be a good idea.

martin